jema holland.com 

Jema Holland Information & Resource Website. 

Discussion Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > My Latest Jema Holland Purchase

Trout Pout

I have just inherited this beautiful Jema Holland piece and wondered if anyone could tell me a little more about it?

It has the number 363 on it.

Thank you

March 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

don d browne
Site Owner

Hi Trout Pout - its a little bit hard to appreciate this piece as the pic is a touch to small - I clicked on it & it enlarges but really only enough to view the amazing blue colors - over the years jema produced many pieces - the 363 (which I need a bigger photo to check) looks possibly like a double mullet or double herring - It would of been made, probably in the years around 1950-1955 - I call it the "Great Jema Fish Era" - the production numbers from (333) -a great big fat sea bass - through to about (402) were very heavily about fish, fish & more fish - they really lent heavily towards producing trout, mullet, perch, salmon, bass, pike, carp & goldfish.It was'nt that long after that the first fish clocks appeared & the closest we can see to your piece the (363) - for the minute - would be a comparison with the (410) salmon clock & the (433) sea pike clock - this was not long after & the clocks were modelled on the previous fish figurines - & by now jema were mastering the fish style & production. At the moment I am adding about 15-30 figurine images a week - I am now into the (200' + number range) - It wont be too much longer & I will be adding the images from the "Great fish era" - the ones around yours - I do have images of fish from the (360) a stunning pike - through to the (368) a beautiffully lustered herring - so keep an eye for them. We would love to add the (363) you have to the collection so perhaps you could send us a copy of your pic & we'll add it to the site. Thanks Don 

March 31, 2012 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Trout Pout

Thanks Don, that's a lot of information!

Do you have a site email address that I can send all the pictures to?

April 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

don d browne
Site Owner

yes - we do have a site address - that you can sent the pics to trout pout - its

[email protected]

hope the info was of some interest too you & hopefully that might just be the first of many that you collect - I just went out one day - happened to buy a clock (403) Double angel fish was my first one - actually bought it just to stick up on top of my aquarium - & hay presto he we are 8 years later & I now own 43 of them - best regards - don 

April 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thomas

hi i have just purchase a grey elephant potter, holland jema 520 i cant get no info on it please can enyone help me please.

September 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

don d browne
Site Owner

Hi Thomas, - Although I have some information in relation to hundreds of Jema Holland pieces, I have no information in my database as to the (520) Elephant you mention. This is quite a common issue as there really is no completed database of all of the items as manufactured by Jema Holland. It is also the primary goal of this website to collect & collate an information resource for collectors such as yourself. The website is soon to go under an extensive upgrade to include many more of the figurines & I would be most grateful if you could supply a jpeg image of your piece to be included in the upgrade & for the benefit of Jema collectors worldwide. If possible would you please email a pic to [email protected] where it could also be included as a front page new item identified. Thanks Thomas. Don Browne

--

Don D Browne

September 14, 2012 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

thomas

thanks for that Don, iv sent a picture in an email hopfully i can get more info thanks.

September 18, 2012 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

thomas

http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/xthomasx1/media/DSC02026.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1      ; eny information on this peace please..    http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/xthomasx1/media/DSC02028.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

November 4, 2012 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

janet1964000

my latest find item 122 blue glazed horse

March 23, 2013 at 5:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

janet1964000

hopefully this link will take you to come of my others

http:[email protected]/with/8582575836/#photo_8582575836

March 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sharbee

Hi, my mother inherited a Holland Bull 241 and a panther 328 a few years ago we are now only just checking what and if these figurines are collectable and as I have now noticed it looks like they are, the panther has quite a few cracks and has been glued back together which is a shame so I am assuming this would not now be of any value but the Bull is in good condition and was wondering if anyone could help me with any value. Thanks

May 26, 2013 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

janet1964000

Hi all, just updated all my jemma's on flickr if you want to check them out

http:[email protected]

July 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

don d browne
Site Owner

janet1964000 at July 17, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Hi all, just updated all my jemma's on flickr if you want to check them out

http:[email protected]

Hi Janet - Wow - They look great - I can hardly believe that you own a 426 left hand profile Deer - I have been after one of these for years & actually only got one within the last two weeks - Like yours mine even came with the antlers - a real bonus - Well done & keep us posted to any new addittions - The photo collection looks wonderful - Don Browne

--

Don D Browne

August 9, 2013 at 8:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Patrick

i have a sea pike mantle clock.......for sale interested?

January 4, 2014 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

janet1964000

Have just up loaded my latest purchase my beautiful ( i think he looks like a collie) dog number 284, he came all the way from Florida in one piece.

http:[email protected]/

Don have updated my computer and no longer have your email address if you want to pass it on

January 11, 2014 at 3:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.